"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Extract

so obviously i bake a lot. hence- i use a lot of vanilla extract. vanilla extract is expensive. i'm not rich...(i didn't mary for money)
sooo, making my own is only smart, plus, it makes a killer Christmas gift.

Vanilla Extract
You Need:
glass bottles (i got mine from the container store)
Vodka

get thee some good quality vanilla beans (i ordered mine from Amazon)


cut each bean in 1/2 & split down the middle

put in 3 1/2 beans per bottle (i used 5, 8oz bottles)

top off with Vodka, pop in the topper & store in a cool, dark place.
give each bottle a shake about 1x per week.
let it be for 3 months.

then start baking.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kia Miakka Natisse said...

who knew?! great tip, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails