"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Monday, May 30, 2011

Baked Eggs

thanks to evil Pinterest i HAD to make some baked eggs.
there are so many variations that my head almost exploded with ideas.

finally i had to simply just throw a bunch of ingredients in the ramakin & hope for the best.



Baked Eggs:
You Need (per ramakin)
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tblsp butter
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
rosemary (to taste)
thyme (to taste)
salt & pepper (to taste)
1/3 cup chopped turkey (or ham or bacon or veggies or whatever)

Directions: Pre heat oven to 375 & butter ramakins.
Crack the eggs directly into the ramakin (don't break the yolks!) Sprinkle in the cheese. Toss in the meat (or veggies) Pour in the cream. Add the rosemary, thyme, saly & pepper (to taste)

Pop them into the oven for 10 - 15 min (depending on how you want your yolks)
Remove & serve immediately.


These were awesome. I actually cooked them for 20 min (because i am so very wary of runny egg whites) but this meant my yolks were fully cooked (which was fine) However next time i'm going to go with 15 minutes in the hopes for fully done whites & nice, runny yolks.


We ate the with some toast & we were happy.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails