"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vanilla Bean Lemon Pound Cake

i had lemons. i wanted pound cake. so that = make lemon pound cake. of course.


i simply took the Elvis Presley's Favorite Pound Cake recipe & added lots of lemon.


add: the zest of 2 lemons & the juice of 1 lemon (i added this after beating in the eggs) substitute: 1 of the tsp of vanilla for vanilla bean paste (what can i say? i like black specs in my food)

and icing...


Vanilla Bean Lemon Icing

the juice of 1 lemon

powdered sugar (to taste/thickness)

1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste


mix all of the above together until you have the consistancy you like (i like it thick) spoon/drizzle/pour it over the cooled cake

let it set for at least 20 min

and then i ate a lot of it. a disgusting amount which had me feeling like i should go to confession...even though i'm not Catholic.


oy.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails